Monday, January 25, 2010

ALL People Deserve Aid

This past week I've been seeing and hearing some disturbing comments about our country, about the people who run it, and about the people who live in it! So maybe if I put some things in perspective for you..... it may change your thought.......

Haiti was hit by a 7+ earthquake a few weeks ago.... perhaps you hadn't heard.... THOUSANDS UPON THOUSANDS of people are dead! I am proud to say that our great country... AMERICA came to their rescue..... we immediately deployed troops, volunteers and news media to aid in their relief! Obviously cash is needed to feed, clothe and rebuild. I am beyond happy to give..... It helps the Haitian people and sets up a little good Karma for me!!! Of course I'll help..... why wouldn't I help...... they're human beings, be they from this country or not!!!

I've been seeing a sad trend of comments, "WHY AREN'T WE HELPING OUR OWN....!!?" "I'M SO GLAD, WE CAN HELP THE HAITIANS BUT WE CAN'T TAKE CARE OF OUR OWN!!" "I'M GLAD THERE ARE HUNGRY AND HOMELESS HERE, BUT WE CAN HELP THE HAITIANS!"

Well.... you're right!! We do have a problem in this country...... hunger, homelessness, health care!! You're right....... But you see in this country we do have help..... IT'S CALLED WELFARE, HOMELESS SHELTERS, SOUP KITCHENS, FOOD STAMPS....... So get off your asses and start helping them instead of bitching at our government for not doing it!!!!!!! There are MILLIONS of sites you could donate your cash to, to help OUR OWN!!! Are you doing that!!!??? Are you working in a soup kitchen..... are you sponsoring a family..... are you donating to a shelter!!!?? You see...... We've won the lottery just by being born in this country....... We truly have every opportunity there is to help one another........ but you'd rather bitch about it...... We as human beings are able to provide aid 365 days a year in this country, FOR THE PEOPLE OF THIS COUNTRY, ..... not just when a disaster strikes!!!!!! NOT A SINGLE HUMAN BEING IN THIS COUNTRY...... NO MATTER WHAT THEIR CIRCUMSTANCE WOULD EVER TRADE PLACES WITH A HAITIAN..... DON'T FORGET THAT.... THAT IS HOW GREAT YOUR COUNTRY IS!!!!! So shut up.... get up.... and help one another!!!!!!!

Here are a few sites you may want to consider donating to! I promise to do all I'm able to do this year as well!!! Peace my friends!!!! Be the change!!

www.redcross.org
www.unicef.org
http://www.rihomeless.org/
http://www.voa.org/

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well said!! It always amazes me that people can't think outside themselves.

Glad to see blogging!